View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008   #196
Lotus

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornelithe View Post
Ubisoft and Free Radical Design have a contract with Sony also. Haze is finished and is a working game, but it's not released yet because FRD wants to polish it more. I fail to see how this is any different than EA/Valve. This is even more important, and possibly financially damaging to FRD/Sony (probably not Ubisoft since they're still riding the AC wave), because it's generally recognized as a Timed Exclusive by most of the fans who've been following it's developement. And the further it gets delayed, the sooner the multi-plat versions will be finished, which may shorten the exclusivity timeframe. Also, the sales that Haze could generate via the PS3 console, are decreasing due to consumer disappointment in a title not being released at the previously announced time. You know?

And you're right, I don't know the internals of the gaming industry...and my ideals are probably far from reality...but...is it too much to ask that gaming developers...show a little loyalty to their product and fans and a little less fear towards big brothers and Sony/MS? Is that really that big of a request?

Morne
The problem with OB was that it was supposed to be Multi-platform but was playing out as a 360 exclusive so Sony made the decision and the push. Each circumstance is different and each contract different.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote