View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008   #194
Lotus

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornelithe View Post
Not really man, I don't see how Sony has any control in the affairs of EA or Valve. Correct me if i'm wrong, but both companies are completely independant of Sony, right? If that's the case, then no, Sony bears no responsibility in this situation. It's entirely up to the developer to create a finished product, and then deliver that product to their contractor.
You don't understand the business very well. Sony had a CONTRACT with EA/Valve. By the timeframe specified Sony wanted a copy. When they were told that 6 months of extra development would make it shine, Sony CHOSE to take the copy that worked but wasn't polished. In this case a working copy wasn't even ready yet. So as soon as a working copy was available it was released.

That was SONY's decision and EA/Valve had no say at all. Their recommendation was declined by Sony.

Again get mad at Sony. 9 times out of 10 the company at fault for a product released too early on console or PC is the fault of the Parent Company (EA) or the Console Company (Sony). If it was a PC release and released with massive bugs that would have likely have been EA's fault. In this case however it was Sony pushing the release.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote