View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008   #30
prerich

Default Re: Favorite classic audio gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
What are your favorite older pieces of gear? You know, the things you had, or still have way longer than anything else, or those pieces you've sold and wished you never did?

For me, I still keep a pair of JSE Infinite Slope speakers, well actually two pairs, the 1.0 and 1.8's, one day I might buy another one and make a 5.1 system out of them but for now they are only occupying space.

Some others I would nominate;

Aragon 4004 MkII amp
Linn LP12 (even though it's still in production)
Carver Cubes as they revolutionalized what we all thought of power amps
Mark Levinson ML 2's
Technics SL1200 TT as it was indestructible!
Proceed PCD3, a shoe box looking CDP that still sounds good by todays standards
Nakamichi Dragon Cassette deck, the coolest of the cool from the magnetic media days
Adcom 555

I will think of more, but these are some that have been opn my mind.

What older gear would you put on the list?
Call me stupid but here's my list of things I've sold or gave away....

Yamaha M-80 power amp
Nakamichi BX3 Tape Deck
Carver DTL200
Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3
Technics SL 1200 Turntables (x3 - from my DJ days)
Rotel Turntable (I forget the model number it was very old)
Rotel Power Amp (Huge all Silver with Rack handles)
Akai Reel - Reel Tape deck

Now here's the real stupid things

Yamaha NS-1000's (bought in rota with the M-80 Speaker were a throw in to seal the deal on the amp paid 250.00 for the amp and speakers) Sold the NS-1000's for $45.00 to a friend in the Navy (young and didn't know what I had).

It gets stupider.

Bought 25 reels with the Akai Reel to Reel from a 30 year Retiring Masteer Chief. Told me that the reels had music from a pub in England with live Beetles music...Before Ringo joined the group and include never before recorded music. Gave the reels to a friend in the Navy when he bought the recorder for his wife.

Call me dumb and dumber .... but what do you expect from a 23 year old at the time? That was almost 20 years ago.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links