View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008   #190
Mornelithe

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

It may not be financially feasible for the company, but gamers will get more and more annoyed with these companies for their business practices. Whether Sony pushed EA to get a finished product is irrelevant. FRD/Ubisoft have delayed Haze multiple times now for various reasons, and whether Sony has any 2 cents on it or not, doesn't seem to be bothering them. Valve/EA should be penalized for not respecting their fan base enough (And yes, all gaming companies OWE their success to their fan base), to say no to any higher Ups, and put out a product that's equivalent to their vision. Yes, Orange Box should've been a ground up PS3 title. But, guys like Gabe Newell from Valve, tell me that they don't care about their customers, just about their profits. As I said, I won't be buying a game that's not been optimized for the system I intend to run it on. @ $60 a game, I might as well just drop trou and bend over for them.

Likewise, 360 owners should be upset at what they got, if it wasn't up to snuff with the current ability of the machine. It's about standing up for your rights as a consumer, something I believe firmly in. Alot of these companies feel like they can just tell us something is great, and we'll just buy it, and if we disagree...no repercussions. I think there needs to be repercussions and since the consumer drives their success, it should be the consumer who creates the penalty.

I have more to say, but I'm on lunch and need to get back to work, so I'll continue later.

Have a good one all,

Morne
Mornelithe is offline   Reply With Quote