View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008   #18
akbungle

Default Re: HD DVD about to fight back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
HD DVD is starting a massive advertising campaign that kicks off with a Super Bowl advert that will basically tell everyone that BD players aren't 2.0 compatible and that all BD players being sold today are obsolete.
This is probably the smartest/dumbest thing Toshiba could do.
Smart as in it will pique the interest and may get people talking which will get them some more sales.
Dumb because when they get to the stores sales people will say well if you want useless (feel free to use the word unnecessary if it helps you) extra features and just under 30% selection (and oh under their breath make me and my company next to nothing in profit) than by all means get the HD DVD.
On the other hand if you want the product that pretty much everyone in the media and news outlets recommend and say is the clear choice with just over 70% of the major movie studios and over 70% of the electronics companies backing it than I suggest we take a look at a Blu-ray player.
Oh and yes of course we can get one to match your new (Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, Samsung((read top selling tv brands here)) ) HDTV.

Doubt me? Over the last ten years I've sold at and managed at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Audio King (later becoming Ultimate Electronics). And yes many many sales bots don't know any better but when even they pick up on something like this they run with it.

Last edited by akbungle; 01-29-2008 at 09:00 PM..
akbungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links