View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008   #188
Mornelithe

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

Sorry, I'm not calling your wife a liar, i'm just saying while it's the norm for you to accept her information, is not necessarily going to hold any weight until it can be backed by official confirmation, anywhere... I don't think that's really too much to ask, is it? Not to say either of you are lying, it's merely that so much rumor and misinformation flies around the interweb, that I'm finished with blindly accepting what people say. (It's haunted me in the past lol)

That having been said, my summation of the article I linked, was incorrect, all of today's press releases are indicating Crytek will be showcasing the CryEngine and Sandbox 2 engines on the consoles, not Crysis itself. So, my apologies for the minsinformation.

As for the last part, about the ports and such. I would honestly prefer, and my purchase choices will reflect this, games made for each console with separate developement teams. No ports. If that means the PS3 gets the game later, or the 360 gets the game later, so be it. But half-assed ports like Orange Box, I refuse to buy. I would rather not have the game, than have a poor representation of said game. It's that simple. So, whether it comes out for the PS3 or 360 or neither, or one, or the other etc... I just want the damn thing optimized for whichever system it's coming out on. Gaming and other entertainment companies need to be hit in their wallet when they put out a product like EA did for Valve. Both companies are responsible, not just EA.

Morne

Morne
Mornelithe is offline   Reply With Quote