View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008   #137
PRO-630HD

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long Shot

And here we have BDJ that is problem city and 2.0 players most of which will not even be released till Oct. of 07 at the earliest. 3 profiles of players, WTF!!! Who in their right minds makes this stuff up. So players are $1,000 to $1,500 right out of the gate and they can't afford to put secondary audio and video encoders in their players, ethernet ports and 1 gb of persistant storage (so they can keep prices down LOL!!!) and the last 2 features will still be optional.

Though I must admit they did the same with SACD. It was 2 channel when it first came out. Then when dvd audio has 5.1 sound they add that too! Hey next gen CD should be 5.1 since most people have surround sound in their home theaters anyway! Brilliant!!
I love it when the BDA gets into Dewey Cox mode and the lightbulb turns on LOL!!! CES 2008 was all about the interactivity of bluray with downloadable ringtones and the like, so original!!! Where have I seen that before. I liked the PIP in Resident Evil 3, though it was better in May of 2006 with The Bourne Supremacy.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote