View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008   #12
mvision7m2

Default Re: Definitive Technology Mythos ST

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and have questions regarding both of the brands you are talking about here.

Specifically KennyT, have you listened to Paradigm's signature line? The S8 or S6?

I'm about to take the plunge and I'm in the same boat as Jimmydaves. I'm willing to make the extra investment in the Signature S8s if their performance is greater by a measurable margin than either the Mythos STs or the Studio 100s. Everything I've read so far is that the S8s offer enough of a performance upgrade from the Studio 100s that the investment is valid. I have just been introduced to the Mythos STs and reading the very high reviews they are garnered with.

I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V3800 receiver (140 wpc X7 into 8 ohms at 0.04% thd) and am currently using Cerwin Vega AT12s as fronts. I want a true "audiophile" speaker that will serve home theater as well as music duties in equal good measure.

I have listened to all of them however I think both Paradigm lines were not set up optimally to show them off to their best strengths. The Mythos STs were set up much better and did in fact sound very good.

KennyT I'd really like to get your opinion on the Signature S8s if you have listened to them and where you think they stand in relation to the Mythos Sts.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this post and more so to those who reply.
mvision7m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links